1. Have a table set up specifically for tie dye. Cover it with a plastic tablecloth and set up bins, paper towels, dye bottles and all extra supplies easily within arm’s reach of each dye station.
2. Prefill all of the dye bottles and shake to mix (if you’re in a time crunch), otherwise, incorporate the mixing process into the activity!
3. Have everyone dampen their T-shirt, whether dunking in a bucket or using the sink. Make sure they wring out their shirt very well before taking to their tie dye station.
4. Partygoers can now choose their favorite tie-dye pattern from the tie-dye instruction guide! Have them follow the steps to fold and bind their shirt, securing with the rubber bands that come in the kit.
5. Each person should now put on their gloves and place their project in their bin (if using). Tip: line bins/work surface with paper towels to absorb the extra dye when applying.
6. Let the tie-dye fun begin! Have everyone apply the dyes of their choice to their T-shirt. When finished, place the dyed shirt in a zipper bag labeled with each guest’s name and seal. Make sure guests leave their shirt in their bag for at least 8 hours for the dye to completely set. Follow instructions included in the guide for laundering.
7. Optional: send each person home with their own tie-dye instruction guide for future fun!
8. Download the delightful FREE tie dye Printables from Lillian Hope Designs! - Download Printables